Waikato Xero Accountants
Slaters is a Platinum Partner Xero based practice. This means we do all our accounting work on Xero. Even if you use some other software - we’ll take that transactional data and put it into Xero because our firm runs on it.
We use Xero to do your financial statements and your tax returns and we don’t use anything else. This means you’ll have a cloud based Xero file as a Slater client, with access, and it’s where we do all your work. You’ll need to pay a monthly subscription for Xero. There are a few different Xero rates that we offer, and we’ll help you choose which one’s right for you, based on your individual business requirements. They usually start at $20 and end at $50 plus gst per month.
This is not part of your accounting fee paid to Slater Chartered Accountants. It’s separate and it’s a monthly subscription paid to goBeanie who manage all the subscriptions for us and you.
Slaters chose Xero because it’s simply the best small business solution available in New Zealand. We cherry pick premium biz apps so we don’t waste time on mediocre business tools. Xero give us a fully reconciled transactional trail that’s easily followed over time. It also gives complete records that are immediate and accessible and therefore match the fast pace of the modern world. It also lays out an accurate basis for analysis or even IRD audit. In this day and age anything less is cutting corners and a cop out. Yes Xero is a subscription but well worth the cost for you and your business.
Problems with traditional accounting software
- The data in the system isn’t up-to-date and neither is the software.
- It only works on one computer and data bounces from place to place. (such as a USB drive.) This is not secure or reliable.
- Only one person has user access. Key people can't access financial and customer details.
- It's costly and complicated to keep backups (if done at all).
- It's expensive, difficult and time-consuming to upgrade the software.
- Customer support is expensive and slow.
- Why the cloud and accounting software are the perfect match